Apparently the word's out at my RE's office. I'm a question asker. I'm an Internet researcher. GASP!
Joe and I had our embryology class today to learn all about the intricacies of IVF from the self proclaimed "spermologist" (the Ph.D. Lab Director and woman in charge of my eggs and Joe's swimmers.) She said she had been warned about me. MOI??!! What did I do???!!! I pride myself in being a well informed, educated patient. This is the most important thing I've EVER done and by God I'm going to research the hell out of it! I swear I'm not one of those obnoxious patients who questions everything the Dr. does. I don't brag about my knowledge or suggest the experts may be wrong. I simply want to know more. I want details explained. I want to know why you're doing this and why not that. If you're looking at an ultrasound screen, I want to know what you see. If you're measuring the length of my tootie, I want to know how long it is. If you say we are great candidates for IVF, I want a list of traits. Is that wrong?
When Suzanne (the spermologist) first shared my office reputation, I was instantly offended. I felt like everyone had been talking behind my back and I was some kind of freak show. I was THAT girl. The more time that passed, I realized SHE was just THAT kind of girl. Pretty funny actually, kinda curt, VERY smart, but not meaning any harm. I stayed after class to reiterate the importance I place on knowledge and Suzanne comforted me. She promised no one had said my inquisitiveness was a bad thing. They simply said I ask a lot of questions. And I do.
Of all the items on my worry list, I'm going to make that number nine thousand,nine hundred and ninety nine.
No comments:
Post a Comment