I'm a day late posting about my first injection, but it went perfectly! I took the Lupron out of the refrigerator, drew up my 15 units in the syringe and let it sit on the counter top to come to room temperature. I've heard it can sting if it's still cold. I then sit back and wait. I'm waiting for my dear friend Suzanne to come over and help me. I'm not sure what kind of help I'll need, because honestly, I wasn't that nervous.
Until the doorbell rings. I look down and my hand is shaking a little bit, but in my mind, I'm feeling pretty brave. I ask my nurse friend her professional opinion on what spot hurts the least. I can either inject myself in the thigh, the back of my arm, or in my belly. I pull up my shirt and Suzanne says, "Oh, you have lots of adipose in your stomach, so you should do it there." My response: "Adipose? Do you mean FAT? Are you calling me FAT??!!" ;-) I've never before been so glad to have a fat belly. Does that mean I should bring on the Cheetos for the next few weeks?
I pinch a chunk of my adipose, jab the needle in quickly and pull it out even quicker. It didn't hurt a BIT! The adipose pinching hurt more than anything! I DID IT! My first injection ever and it was easy!
A short while later I was feeling a little dizzy and pretty sleepy, so I laid down and took a two hour nap. Hopefully it wasn't the medicine causing this because I've got to take this for 3 more weeks and can't afford a two hour nap every day! That was the only side effect I've felt so far. I hope this continues!
I'm off to take Lupron injection number two. It's been warming on my kitchen countertop as I write this post. See ya'll again tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment