Praise God I'm feeling pretty normal again today! Maybe I had some intense PMS or maybe it really was the Lupron, but today I'm feeling less homicidal and more Lindsey-like (i.e. sweet and wonderful). I told Joe about my violent thoughts and apologized for being a maniacal, moody bitch the past few days. I asked if he had noticed and his response...."no comment." Okay, I guess I deserved that. Especially since my biggest outburst was due to Joe putting garlic salt on my scrambled eggs. Who does that???!!!
Things are going along just as planned and minus the "difficult" weekend, I'm still feeling quite good. I start my stimulation drugs on Friday. These will make my ovaries work quadruple time and produce up to 25 eggs! That amazes me, considering you only produce one egg each month under normal conditions. This is the most time consuming part of the process because I have to have an ultrasound and bloodwork almost every day for the next two weeks. Thank goodness my job has so much flexibility and I basically make my own schedule.
One quick funny (or sad) story for ya. I had a little work emergency this morning and had to rush to a restaurant to help with a problem they were having. But I hadn't taken my shot yet! I can't just pull it out of the fridge and take it....remember the cold stinging part I mentioned earlier? So I got my syringe ready and let it warm up on the passenger seat of my car. The whole drive over to the restaurant I kept thinking I would get pulled over and the cop would question why I had a loaded syringe in my seat. I was visualizing myself crying and explaining, "It's just Lupron, officer. You know, the drug that prevents my pituitary gland from secreting LH? If I produce LH then I ovulate and that ruins my entire $15,000 in vitro fertilization cycle Sir. It's for my INFERTILITY Mr. Officer. Please don't take me to jail over my infertility."
Lucky for me, I didn't get pulled over. But I did hike up my dress and inject myself in the stomach at a RED LIGHT on my way to fix my merchant's credit card machine. I guess I can add that little tale to my list of funny/embarrassing/ridiculous IVF stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment