I am 6 weeks, 3 days pregnant and went in for my very first ultrasound. It was incredible!
Joe and I went in the room and I was up on the table waiting for the US tech to come in. All of a sudden, everyone came in: my RE, the embryologist and two nurses. They all wanted to see and that made me happy!
Joe was by my side saying, "Please let it be one, please let it be one, please let it be one..." We all got a good giggle out of that one.
She then starts the US and says, "I only see one!" I was 95% relieved and maybe 5% disappointed that it wasn't twins. No BOGO for me this time!
She points out all the little things like the yolk sac and gestational sac and the HEART BEAT! At this point I'm shaking and crying and they all tell me to hold my breath for a moment so they can get a good look at everything. Of course that made me giggle so I stopped crying. At least for a moment. And then she turned up the audio and I heard the "da dum, da dum, da dum." Those were the most glorious syllables I've ever heard. Sweeter than any music any voice or instrument has ever made. The crying started all over again! I have never before cried such tears of joy as I did today!
She told me the heartbeat was 115 and all 4 people at once said, "it's a boy!"
Who knows, (and who cares honestly?!) as long as my sweet baby is healthy. They released me to my Ob/Gyn who I will see in 2-3 weeks. I'm a regular old pregnant woman now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment